Thursday, January 7, 2010

Last Night

I was in bed at 11pm last night, pretty quiet outside for a change.  I was reading my book and falling asleep.  Suddenly I heard a loud bang and some noise, I did feel frightened because it sounded like it was in the apartment.  I made myself get up and as I started to leave my bedroom, something rushed by!  It was a little grey and yellow cat!  It and I were so frightened we both jumped.  I ran to the front door and opened it and ran for a broom in the kitchen, it ran into the office, I ran into the office and it wasn't there.  I searched the entire house.  I guess it found it's way out the front door but I have no idea how that cat got in here.  I closed the doors  in case it was hiding somewhere but when I went to close my bedroom door there was movement.  It wasn't the cat it was the lizard that is living here with me.  I guess I moved in on her so we live together although I don't think she appreciates having a roommate.  I left my bedroom door open.

7 comments:

  1. OH my G-d! I think I would of had a heart attack by now if this was me. If you want to come home, hahaha.. you can stay with me the next two years,
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, be prepared. More animals will come over. Amnd the smallest are the most terrible ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here, just over the water in southern India, cats tend not to be pets but rather creatures which co-exist with humans, a bit like the lizard (presumably a House Gecko) does with you. Geckos like to hide behind the light fittings because flying creatures are attracted to the light and so they get a ready supply of food. And just your presence itself will attract flies (or at least mine does...) I'm sure your little friend is extremely happy having you as a roommate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS... my first encounter with a Gecko was just after I'd sat on the toilet when I spotted movement in the pan. I'm not sure which one of us was more alarmed... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry no real comment teaching Mom how to post show it shows her name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. testing, sorry she'll write something for real later.

    ReplyDelete