Sunday, November 15, 2009

Food..a post of it's own.. plus

Pretty much my oldest friend, Ruthie, Ruth I guess is more grown up, who I went to Nursing school with is now a chef.  She was head of the test kitchen at Gourmet magazine until it closed several weeks ago.  Anyway, Ruth catered my party and I have to say there was probably enough to feed 200 people.  I must share the menu:  Dill Lox sandwiches on marble rye, Red Pepper, White Bean and Arugula (Vegan), Walnut Honey Cream Cheese on Raisin Bread, Pimento Olive Wraps, Turkey with Mustard Butter, Tuna and Pesto sandwiches, Curried Chicken Sandwiches.  Of course there were also cheeses,  fruit and pita chips, Baba Ganoosh, Hummus and Red Pepper Cheese Spread.    Did I forget to mention desserts like Texas Brownies (my personal favorite), Lemon Shortbread Bars, Ginger Chewies and Chockful Blondies.

I need to tell you that my friend Lin who I went to visit on my most extraordinary trip ever, to Kenya, in 1988, went above and beyond in having this party at her home.  Lin is dealing with a terrible tragedy in her life and yet opened her door through her love.

Vying to host were Lee and Lucy old friends who have been my support thru my own tragedies, never abandoning me and sharing this joy with totally open arms.  As I write this blog I am thinking, is this me who is so cared about?  How did this happen....

No comments:

Post a Comment