Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm leaving New York..

From 3 to 9pm about 60 people arrived to celebrate the fact that I am leaving New York and going off on an adventure.  It was quite wonderful.  Around 3:10 when no one had arrived I asked my friends who were making me the party if they ever gave a party that no one  came to.  I actually did once give a party with a roommate that no one came to but not this party.. they came, so many wonderful people who want to  share my excitement and joy at taking my life in a new direction, sharing it with many new people and having a chance to give whatever I can.  I felt so fortunate.  It's strange to me how many people think I'm brave or adventurous or other things.  I just feel I am doing what I always wanted to finally.  It was hard to kiss and hold my wonderful grandkids and say goodbye but sort of great to know of their genuine love for me.  I gave them all a small pendant of the peace sign which I wear too so we would be connected.  Tomorrow I'll be off to Boston for a 3 week transition before leaving on Dec. 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment