Wednesday, December 2, 2009

LIFE....

Within about half and hour of my last posting, I got a call from the angel who had agreed to care for my wonderful little puppy, Ms. Elbe.  Elbe had some health issues but seemed to be doing OK.  Well she was no longer doing OK and on Sunday I went down to NYC, picked up my baby and carried her in my arms into the vet and held her while she was "put to sleep".  It was awful and I am so sad as I was for the few days preceding this.   The wonderful joys of the last few weeks, friends, great food, parties, love all over the place and the sadness of having to leave those I love or their leaving me, this is what Life is, all of it.
Friday, December 4 was to be Elbe's 13th birthday!  RIP

2 comments:

  1. Nancy -- I'm so sorry you had to put Ms. Elbe to sleep while you were doing so much else before you left. So much to deal with in your life ... but now you can focus on what's ahead in Sri Lanka. Hope your travels have been going smoothly! Love, cuz Karen

    ReplyDelete